Skip to content
- Meetup.com is a site where we find various groups to join.
- there are many Programming related groups
- newbies to the tech (or niche of a group) are often very welcome (since most groups aim to grow their community (you don’t need to be an expert to join them!)
How are meetups/events run?
- groups often set a regular meetup date
- there are assigned speakers (volunteers from members) per meetup, (attendees can just sit back and watch,observe,learn and ask questions)
- meetup venues usually changes per meetup event (since they always look for companies willing to lend a space
- the venue host often provides snacks too (often pizza..and beer)
What can i get from these events?
- new knowledge, if you continuously attend a group for a topic you don’t know, you will eventually learn them and be more familiar with them
- this allows us to learn what other people our doing (so we are not restricted to use-cases, experiences within our current company)
- this can help us expland our network and potentially find people who can help us learn and even find job opportunities.